Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Well, we are 32 hours into our trip and finally got to a hotel to shower and change our cloths. We are in Chennai, India at a hotel taking a rest before eating breakfast, going shopping, and then boarding the train at 4:00pm to head to Tenali. So far it's been a great trip. I slept almost the entire way from Houston to London and then after a 5 he layover I was asleep before we even took off to Chennai. The smell of curry was everywhere! We are now at the point where we can't drink anything but bottled water, using it also to brush our teeth. I'm so excited to be here and I can't wait to experience everything God has in store for me. Even with all that excitement it's hard to be away from my family. This is the first time I have ever been away and for the most part unreachable for my boys. And being in a strange place without my husband, my protector is a little intimidating as well. Please join us praying for health and safety for all my team members: Leeanne, Debra, Jerry, Tara, Brian W, Brian T, Ryan, Rosie, ad Steve. Thanks! I'll keep you updated as we continue on our journey! (Here is a picture of our pretty visa stamp, them throwing our luggage on the top of the van, and us on the crammed van ride!)








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Love the pics, Devon! I am loving all the updates! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a good trip. I hope to meet you when you return to Louisiana.

    ReplyDelete