Saturday, September 3, 2011

Intro

I'm not sure why but suddenly at 1:17 A.M while listening to beethoven's 7th symphony I feel motivated to start my blog. Sometimes in our busy lives we have to take the free moments God gives us and sometimes motivation and creativity strike when we least expect it. With that being said I can tell you that my 6 am wake up call tomorrow will not be a pleasant one.
Let me start by telling you a little about myself. I am a 25 year old full time college student, a mom of 2 crazy young boys; one a loving but needy 3 year old, the other a five year old ball of energy with acute ADHD. I am a proud Army wife(HOOAH!!) I am a doula (a pregnancy and labor assistant) and I have the best job in the world because I get to help women go through the most difficult day of their lives and I get to experience a miracle every time.

I took dance lessons as a child from the time I was 6 years old until late into my teens, I also ran cross country. As I got older I experienced pain in the joints of my legs and was forced to give up the activities that I loved. I recently decided to give running another try and even ran a 5K race but the pain after left me sidelined and doctors told me that running wasn't for me. Not long ago I again felt the itch to stretch my legs and decided to take a new approach. I got rid of my shoes and decided to relearn to run. I started by walking. I had a friend watch me run to help me work on my form. I started small running only 1/4 mile at a time and building from there and I started going to the gym to strengthen the muscles in my legs to support my joints. After nearly 1 month of gym time, and running pain free I have finally made the 1.50mile mark! I feel like I can go farther but I am taking it slow. In October I will run the Susan G Komen 5K again. However, my BIG goal is the tough Mudder which incase you don't know is a 10-12 mile run through mud, ice water, electric shocks, fire and military grade obstacles. It sounds crazy but I can't wait!

The title of my blog comes from my kids. One night as I was trying to get them in bed they said "mommy your suUuper woman!" (yes just like that) well, I thought to myself "hahaha yea right!"and then I started to think about it. I am a full-time student on the deans list, have 2 children, my husband is deployed with the Army, have church a dog and a house to clean. not to mention friends and family to keep up with! After all that i still find time to run even if its endless laps around the circle in front of my house. The laundry may not all be put away, sometimes a dirty pot stays dirty in the sink overnight and I will probably be late to wherever I'm headed but I do it and at the end of the day still have some sanity left! And although I feel like a rambling, ruffled feather mess, that isn't what other people are seeing. Somehow they see a put together, in control woman. Who knows, maybe i am. and I know there are lots of women who have as much going on. Other women who like me, sometimes laugh to keep from crying, women who hope nobody is looking sometimes and hope everyone notices at others. This blog is dedicated to all of us, my kids are right, We ARE super Women!

This blog will cover a lot of topics. This is a living journal of my thoughts for all to see. From information on Doulas and child birth education, to my goal of completing the Tough Mudder on my birthday January 29th in Texas. I'll talk about my training successes, and hopefully not too many setbacks and include things like nutrition, barefoot running and running for women. I hope you will like reading it as much as I love writing it.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. good stuff! I already added you to my blog roll and hope you do the same...http://yourmom-buzz2978.blogspot.com/, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete